http://i42.tinypic.com/vqi5xx.png


Wednesday 31 August 2011

August Favourites

Goodbye August! This month went by too quickly!
I haven't wrote a monthly favourites on my blog in a while..
So here's what I have been loving in the month of August....

1.Lush Honey I washed the kids Soap

2. Liz Earle Cleanse and polish hot cloth cleanser.
3 & 4 Maybelline pulse perfection mascara & Fearne cottons favourites green eyeliner.

5. Barry M pastel nail paints
6 & 7 The body shop blush & Bronzer
8 & 9 ELF tinted moisturizer and primer.
10 Jergens naturals body moisturiser
11 & 12 VO5 give me texture voluming powder & John Frieda brilliant brunette shampoo


1. If you have been reading my blog for a while you will know by now that I am a huge Lush fan. I have been using honey I washed the kids soap this month, this is my second piece I have purchased. I love the scent, which is caramel and honey.The smell lingers on your body after your shower and leaves skin super soft.

2.I purchased the cleanse and polish hot cloth cleanser in John Lewis, in London earlier this month,and I understand what all the hype is about. It is fantastic and I recommend to anyone who hasn't tried it yet it is well worth the money.

3.This mascara is brilliant, at first I was very skeptical about trying it, as I have heard many bad reviews saying it is not worth the money. Personally I love it, the vibration helps the lashes separate. The only regret I have is choosing waterproof, even though it stays on all day without smudging the problem is removing, it is pretty hard and it results in me loosing a couple of lashes whilst scrubbing.

4. I got this eyeliner in Fearne Cottons favourites box last Christmas. It is my favorite item I got from the box, the colour is ever so vibrant and brings out the blue in my eyes, I wear this on my lower lash line. A swatch is below.

5.My Barry M nail paint collection is increasing. I have ten now. Barry M is my favourite drugstore nail brand. This summer I have gone for the pastels collections. Mint green, Berry ice cream, strawberry ice cream and blue moon.

6. The body shop had a offer on in July and I took the opportunity to buy myself some new make up. (
See what else I bought here)Which I rarely do. This blush is beautiful, I love coral shade blushers, and this gives a healthy shine to your cheeks.

7. This is the most natural tanned bronzer I have owned. It gives a natural glow, and makes you look like you've just come back form a holiday abroad. Beautiful.

8. I was after a light tinted moisturiser. The types I own are more for tanned skin, this colour fits my skin tone perfectly and has SPF 20 and vitamins A,C & E.

9. I have never worn a face primer before purchasing this ELF one, I didn't think I needed one, however we had a few hot days and I wanted to make sure my make up didn't melt or smudge in the heat (although I didn't wear alot of make up)
I love this primer it leaves skin so soft and my foundation did not budge! hurrah!

10.This is my second jergens moisturiser, I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but I have nearly finished this one. A review can be found here if your interested.

11. Since I have short top layers, My hair needs a bit of 'oomph' and this does the job perfectly. It is a powder, and reminds me of a salt pot, you just sprinkle over your hair and rub with your finger tips, your left with instant volume.

12. John Frieda is a favourite company of mine, I love there products. I am on a hair dye ban at the moment to help my hair grow. I haven't missed dying my hair, I am looking forward to seeing my natural colour, which is a mousey brown. At the moment I have Ombre hair. The tips are lighter as the hair dye still remains. I quite like it. Back to this product, it is a great shampoo, and gives my brown locks a lovely shine. The smell is lovely, and I am happy to use this with a moisturising conditioner!

Thanks for reading, What are your favourites from this month? please share!

Lauren xox

No comments: